I can’t believe I’ve received this award! I’ve never got any kind of reward in my life (apart from exams certificates and stuff), and I actually cried when I was tagged!
This is an award (!!)originally created by Okoto Enigma. I don’t know her, but it’s always interesting finding new blogs.
This was from my dear friend gettingthroughanxiety who is helping me to really get into this blogging malarkey – I’ve been skimping! I used to keep an everyday diary, but got out of the habit; I want this to be a combination of current affairs, books, musings… everything! And she’s supporting me through it, which is absolutely fantastic! I was gobsmacked when she said she would do it with me, and eternally thankfully
She’s a wonderful woman, and please all check out her blog. Her generosity know no bounds. She’s just published a book which I’m certainly planning to read due to the calibre of her writing, and I think other people should take a look too! It’s pretty exciting. UNDERSTATEMENT! Can’t wait to read it (my TBR list is huuuuuuge, but this one might get bumped up a bit. Her blog is so varied, and her last post is really thought-provoking. Please take a look at her, she deserves it for putting up with me!
Okay, my first award. I have to list The Rules. (sounds very ominous :S) Here we go:
- Display the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to the nominator’s blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Answer 5 questions from the nominator
- Nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by leaving the nomination link in the “comment” of their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice, with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share the link(s) to your best post(s)
Does that make sense? I’m slightly scared about finding 10-20 people to nominate, but I’ll give it a good go!
Three things about myself:
- I have a beautiful cat called Popoki who is sitting on my lap making it very hard to type right now
- We have a small (ish) field, and a sheep of 17 sheep!
- I moved back in with my parents about 18 months ago (boooo!)
Answer three questions from the nominator: (she’s done more than three!)
(little confused because she said these were her questions and her nominees, but you’re meant to come up with new ones! Go with the flow, E, go with the flow)
Have you had a crush on your teacher as a teenager?
Boringly, no. I wish I could say that I had but none of that were really that hot.
If you had the power to change one thing in your past, what would that be?
Easy. Go back in time and do something to stop me having an eating disorder. Sometimes I think it was just inevitable, but there must have been something I could’ve done.
Which country is your next dream vacation, and what made you want to go there?
Amsterdam! (Well, I’d really like to go to Ecuador but I’m keeping it vaguely reasonable due to my health). It’s easy for to get around and there are those mobility scooters which would make things easier (and funner!). There’s so many things I want to see there: Anne Frank’s House (top of my list), go to the Rijksmuseum, the Van Gogh, I’d love to hike in Jordaan but I know I can’t realistically. Then there’s Dam Square, the Science Centre, cycling along the canals and ice-skating at Leidseplein (I can dream, okay?), the Joods museum, the De Gooyer windmill, visit the flower market, and go to the Red Light District and some cafes for some ‘people watching.’ I wouldn’t do anything in the RLD, but I’d definitely like a go at, ahem, sampling the delicacy.
Do you think it is okay to keep secrets even between best friends?
Yes, as long as they’re not harmful.
If you could be transformed into something else, what would be your preference, and why?
A cat. They sleep all day, and their minds aren’t constantly torturing them with awful thoughts. And when they’re not sleeping, they’re playing (or eating). I can’t think of anything better. I’ve lost the ability to just have fun. And, of course, I love cats.
So, the nominations. Do I know 10-20 people well enough online that I can ask (god, I’m glad I’m not doing this in real life – I’d manage about three!) Here we go, I shall try: (warning: if you don’t recognise me, don’t dismiss as spam. I have commented on your blog or just liked if I’m feeling like a coward, and it might be a while ago. I am a very very amateur blogger, which makes this award so strange!)
- daisyinthewillows.wordpress.com (when you have time, sweetie)
- fighting for mei
- Sarah Frances Young
I think that’s about as many as I can do. I would be so grateful if you’d participate; it’d mean the world to me. Link back to me – I’d love to see your answers (Just realised I don’t know how to tag you. I’ll have to find out.)
So, here are my 5 questions (I’ll try and make them interesting):
1. What was the scariest thing that happened to you?
2. Did you dress up this Halloween?
3. Would you rather be a bird that couldn’t fly, but not a proper walking bird, or a fish that couldn’t swim, so you just bobbed around?
4. What’s the latest book you’ve read that you’d recommend to someone?
5. What music are you listening to right now/what music did you last listen?
Hope they’re okay! Anyway much love to BG; this means such a lot.
Have a fab Friday everyone!